On the 1st March 2014, new regulations (S.I. 9 of 2014) relating to the
commencement and certification of construction works come into effect.
For certain building works, the new regulations require that certificates of
compliance and other documents must be submitted
with the Commencement Notice.
The additional requirements also include:
• the nomination of a competent ‘Assigned Certifier’ to inspect and
certify the works,
• the assignment of a competent builder to carry out the works,
• the submission of certificates of compliance on completion.
The additional requirements apply to the following works:
Construction of a dwelling
Extension of a dwelling by more than 40 square metres.
Works which require a Fire Safety Certificate.
Any Commencement Notice submitted after the 1st March 2014, which come within
the scope of S.I 9 of 2014
must fill out an online assessment of the proposed approach to compliance with
the Building Regulations
and be accompanied by the following:
• Certificate of Compliance (Design),
• Notice of Assignment of Person to Inspect and Certify Works (Assigned Certifier),
• Undertaking by Assigned Certifier,
• Notice of Assignment of Builder,
• Undertaking by builder
• General arrangement drawings for building control purposes –
plans, sections and elevations;
• A schedule of design documents currently prepared or to be prepared at a later date,
• The preliminary inspection plan,
• Any other documents deemed appropriate by the Assigned Certifier.
REFERENCE - LOCALGOV.IE WEBSITE